Miken Reviews Review manufacturer products here. Post new threads or use the existing POLL threads to rate products 1-10.

2007 Miken Recoil ASA Maxload

This is a discussion on 2007 Miken Recoil ASA Maxload within the Miken Reviews forums, part of the Miken category!
For whatever reason, we got a late start going up there this morning :beertard and missed BP. We walked in ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

View Poll Results: 2007 Miken Recoil ASA Maxload Rating
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 3 30.00%
9 4 40.00%
10 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2006, 05:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Default CT Early Bird Wrap Up

For whatever reason, we got a late start going up there this morning :beertard and missed BP. We walked in at 10:06 for the 10:10 game. Not surprisingly, my legs were stiff as hell after the hour ride so they didn't loosen up for 4 innings so I had 3 wasted AB's. Then since I sucked the first game, I was immediately sat the next game which was fine since we had extra guys. I just hated sitting after such a shitty game where you sit and dwell on it. Especially since half of it was out of my control. Then in the 3rd game, I get my swing locked in and I start practicing my sniping skills. BAM! Line drive right at you. And you. And you. Nice. I finally got things going later on in the day and my last 2 games were pretty good. For the first half of the day though I wanted to quit the miserable sport.

Got to play the PST brothers who formed a potent middle infield combo. They have a good team there. Should do well this year.

We lost to Sports Page in the extra innings in the Semi's. RAC beat the Donkeys in the other Semis. I didn't stay to see who won. In the end we just couldn't get it done. We went up one in the 7th and allowed the one back and they won it in the 8th. We almost squeaked it out. A couple of close plays on the fence proved the difference. Theirs hit the upper fence, ours were cought on the lower fence. With CT Syns instead of Westchester Syns, our balls would have had fence for sure.

How many B and C players are you allowed in D anyway?

21z hit what could possibly be the hardest hit ball I've ever seen in my life down the 3B line. That ball had a vapor trail on it. Damn.

Doc Holliday: It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Who from the board is going to be playing up there tomorrow?

Old 04-02-2006, 06:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
basehitter

Default Re: CT Closer Wrap Up

"and they all come tumbling DOWN!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 06:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
basehitter

where's that guy with the popcorn??? i ant some popcorn for this!!! where's hauser when ya need him...
Old 04-02-2006, 06:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Max Johnson

It's not like that at all. Like somebody said to me today...you know what you get into when you're playing over there. If anything, we're the retards for stubbornly swinging stock. How many competitive teams up there from D on up have zero shaved/painted bats?
Old 04-02-2006, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
typerhonda

Max, the answer is 0 which is why I told you: you know what you are getting into. At the same time, I applaud you guys for your stance. I do know that I am trying Snipers CNT + today and probably breaking down to buy one. My 98 mph extended vs the balls I see off the 104 CNT + are retahhdad....

Max, we had no B players on the team and at any time had no more than 4 c players on the field today. Im sorry I had to leave, would have like to have been there to see it.

It was really a shame the way some people acted today, and thats all Im going to say.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
lilshow

How do you call a team out if not negatively?

Whats the difference calling a team out 'in their own backyard?

I'm sorry, that sounds gay.

These tournaments are funny, but if you guys were any good at all, you'd all use a big ass 1987 bombat and see who really had skills.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
KennyH123

I agree with Little Show.

Its getting ridiculous with the bats already. Who's using what, what bat is shaved, what is painted, etc....

These posts are funny as hell... somebody said they have to get rid of their Syn Extended and get a CNT+ cause they are so handicapped with the Ext... WTF? How much more pop do you need?

Everyone should use a DeMarini double wall and be done with it. :jerkin
Old 04-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jimmy34

You have to be kidding me for anyone to say that some teams in CT, or even NJ for that matter, don't have shaved and/or painted bats...don't forget we know 75% of the guys doing the work...

CT teams all have shaved bats and for anyone from CT to come on here and say differently are ****ing LIARS...

I don't use one when we play in NY but I will 100% bring one whenever I play in CT...no one complains up there so everyone an their mother has one...when going to CT to play in a tourney you need to play evenly...I guess they figure it's not cheating if EVERYONE is doing it...

Frank, you know better...

JIMMY34
Old 04-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
jackpt13

Jimmy its the cool thing to do, everyones doing it so I think Im gonna send out all my bats, so I can be on the same level as all the cheaters.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jimmy34

There is a fine line here with the bats...in CT and usually NJ no one complains or accuses guys for using shaved bats they just roll with it and that's it...but it seems that most teams feel the same as I do about the painted bats...THEY DO NOT BELONG IN THE GAME...

I could care less what anyone uses and usually the only ones who do are guys that refuse to use a shaved bat...all I ask is that if you're gonna use anything other than a stock bat stay away from the middle...most guys will agree with that and just move on...

Accusing guys AFTER a loss is a little silly but I understand Max' frustration...if you really feel any bat is altered just ask the ump to check it...if anything it'll give them something to think about...

JIMMY34