Easton Reviews Review manufacturer products here. Post new threads or use the existing POLL threads to rate products 1-10.

2008 Easton Synergy Flex

This is a discussion on 2008 Easton Synergy Flex within the Easton Reviews forums, part of the Easton category!

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

View Poll Results: 2008 Easton Synergy Flex Rating
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 20.00%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 1 20.00%
8 2 40.00%
9 1 20.00%
10 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2005, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
chezz87

Default A Freak review from a league boy

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this.

Let me preface this by saying this was my first tournament since 2003 so maybe I was just a little taken back for no reason. Also, keep in mind that I have been against composite bats since their arrival on the softball scene.

I played in Poughkeepsie this weekend in a 10-team tournament that represented pickup teams, local tournament teams and a few traveling teams (Queens and Utica). This review is not meant to diminish anything anybody did and regardless of the bats used, the best team won the tournament and the 2nd best team was the runner-up.

The Freak is the best bat Iíve seen since the Ultra II and I canít understand how this bat passes ANY association bat test (It must come down to moneyÖagain). When a batter that has any skill uses it, the infielders are rendered useless. There is no time to react to a ball unless itís hit right at the fielder.

From a competitive and enjoyable standpoint, of the 8 games I played, the worst games were the ones in which The Freak was the predominant bat used. Our team used the bat in the loserís bracket final and the finals. We played the team that won the tournament twice and it seems Miken may have sponsored them since thatís the only bat they used. The games were reduced to fly ball outs. The infielders couldnít make any plays (no time to react) and the outfielders were playing around 280-300 feet away.

While I agree if the bats are legal, you have to use them to remain competitive but I just donít understand how these bats are approved. I use a PST137 and I was using an inferior bat. It just doesnít make sense.

Just a review from a league boy.

p.s. The team from Queens ('Winnie's something' was on their shirts) won the tournament and my team (Maybe the Outlaws?) came in second.

Old 05-23-2005, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
KennyH123

Hmmmnn...interesting post, league boy. Enlightening, and yet not very interesting at the same time.

Please also explain your pitiful performance in Friday nights old man league in which you went 0-4 and made several errors at third base.

Maybe you should have used Freak in that game, and painted it to look like an Ultimate Weapon??
Old 05-23-2005, 05:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
chezz87

well...first off, I didn't go 0-4 and I made one throwing error (I will never throw to 2nd base again in that league). Actually, I hope I'm not needed anymore. I don't know how I feel about qualifying for the 'Old Man League'.

Second...YOU STRUCK OUT...AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Third, I'm just trying to figure out how these bats are still approved.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
KennyH123

Lets not forget that "Bob", who is 62 years old, blind in one eye, 328 lbs, and is playing with an artificial hip and 2 artificial knees... caught your harmless pop up Friday night. It was his first putout in 7 years.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Hmmmnn...interesting post, league boy. Enlightening, and yet not very interesting at the same time.
You jackass - do you see anything wrong with that statement? Maybe the fact that you're contradicting yourself?

Chezz...excellent post. I agree with you about the bat...the Original Gansta Freak is being phased out. As far as I know, no more are being made as of last July. That's not to say that the Freak 100 or the new Maniac won't be any more reasonable or that somebody has a stash sitting around somewhere.

Just think...you were probably facing actual Freaks in this tourney. I imagine these guys probably didn't have any Ultras painted to look like Freaks. That makes you wish for the original Freak. You need to shave your PST just like you need to shave your back hair just to compete. Probably use the same tool to do both...something powerful that plugs into the wall or maybe runs on gasoline.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
chezz87

I will neither shave my PST nor my back. I got my fair share of hits, it just seemed the games were more exciting when everyone on the field could make a play.

On another note, one of the pitchers on the Winnie's team had a nice face guard. Looked like it was designed specifically for softball. It really only protected from the eyes to the teeth and left the rest of the head open but it didn't seem to impede any vision.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Max Johnson

That's why NSA was nice this weekend. No Mikens. Not that there wasn't Synergy's - one possibly worked on...possibly not. Also faced a ton of PST's for the first time in a while. I'm pretty sure that not all of them were stock although it didn't really outcome the game. Nobody was hitting bombs into that wind we faced all day.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Schmoozin Admin

Name: Matt
Default 2008 Easton Synergy Flex

CNT carbon nanotube technology strengthens composite structures, optimizing designs for maximum performance, designed for more handle flex - two times greater than aluminum, new 13.5" Extended barrel - longer barrel equals longer sweet spot, patented Extended Flex design lengthens the sweet spot by increasing the barrel flex towards the contour and end of the bat to allow maximum performance across the entire barrel, hot 98 MPH performance, patented IMX - Integrated MatriX technology optimizes the relationship between materials, design and manufacturing process, balanced swing weight, ultra-thin 29/32" handle with Pro-Tack cushioned grip, meets all 2007 Bat Performance Standards - ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISA, SSUSA and ISF, exclusive 400 Day Warranty!
Old 03-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

4th best asa bat out now.... og flex, og ext, rush, this. very good bat. pretty close to the OG but its not.
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote