Softball Forum - Slow Pitch Softball Forums > Softball Equipment > Easton > Easton Reviews » 2008 Easton Synergy Brett Helmer ASA SCN11BH

Easton Reviews Review manufacturer products here. Post new threads or use the existing POLL threads to rate products 1-10.

2008 Easton Synergy Brett Helmer ASA SCN11BH

This is a discussion on 2008 Easton Synergy Brett Helmer ASA SCN11BH within the Easton Reviews forums, part of the Easton category!
www.kettering.edu/~drussell/bats.html This is some egghead's take on ball/bat collisions. He's actually done some consulting for Worth, Easton, DeMarini, Louisville Slugger, ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

View Poll Results: 2008 Easton Syngery Brett Helmer ASA SCN11BH Rating
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 11.11%
4 0 0%
5 1 11.11%
6 1 11.11%
7 1 11.11%
8 1 11.11%
9 3 33.33%
10 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2004, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Default The Science of Softball

www.kettering.edu/~drussell/bats.html

This is some egghead's take on ball/bat collisions. He's actually done some consulting for Worth, Easton, DeMarini, Louisville Slugger, and CE-Composites as well as providing scientific advice to organizations including the ASA and SGMA. Among the topic's covered:

Scientific answers to frequently asked questions about bats
What happens when ball meets bat?
How large are the forces between bat and ball?
How does bat weight affect swing speed and ball velocity?
Which matters more: total weight or mass distribution (inertia)?
What is the COP (center of percussion) and does it matter? (Coming Soon!)
What (and where) is the sweet spot of a bat? Totally updated 10/15/04
Why do wood bats Crack and metal bats Ping?
Why do aluminum bats outperform wood?
Are composite bats better than aluminum? (Taken offline for major overhaul)
What about corked bats? 10/7/04 with experimental data!
Does it matter how you grip the bat? (Coming Soon!)
What do those BESR, BPF 1.20, or ASA 2004 stamps mean? (Coming Soon!)

Experimental Research on Bat Vibrations

Vibrational Behavior of a Baseball/Softball Bat
Measuring the Vibration of a Baseball/Softball Bat
Bending Modes and the Sweet Spot
Hoop Modes and the Trampoline Effect (Coming Soon!)
Frequency Tuning and the Quest for the Perfect Bat
Mode splitting in wood bats
Controlling vibration using a dynamic absorber
My Theoretical Models of the Bat-Ball Collision
Linear model of the ball
Nonlinear model of the ball (Coming Soon!)
Nonlinear ball meets linear bat (Coming Soon!)

Old 12-17-2004, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
roland365

its more simple than that.....

here it is:...........white ball ,green grass.. find the grass!:metal
Old 01-14-2005, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Old 10-03-2005, 05:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Default Physics and Acoustics Softball Bats

Dr. Daniel A. Russell analyzes the science behind softball. He's currently working on developing a portable field test which uses the acoustic and vibration signatures of a bat to help identify doctored bats.

www.kettering.edu/~drussell/bats.html

Very informative website if you like the science of softball.

There is a tremendous amount of physics and engineering that goes into the design of a baseball or softball bat, especially the new high-tech aluminum and composite bats which are currently dominating the market. There is also an amazing amount of physics involved in the bat-ball collision, and in the performance and behavior of the bat itself. My interest in the physics of baseball bats began in 1998 when I was setting up a laboratory experiment for my students and decided to have them look at the vibrational behavior of a youth baseball bat. Now, several years later, vibrational and acoustic analysis of softball and baseball bats has become my primary area of research. I have been able to correlate the vibrational frequencies of bat barrels to measured performance, and have signicantly contributed to an understanding of the trampoline effect in a hollow bat. In addition, my vibrational analysis of the bending modes of a bat has added to the understanding of perception and feel, including why some bats sting more or less than others. My research has been presented before international meetings of the Acoustical Society of America, the International Sports Engineering Association, the Sporting Goods and Manufacturers Association, and the Baseball and Softball Equipment Subcommittee of the American Society for Testing and Materials, and several publications are forthcoming. Included on these webpages are answers to often asked questions concerning the physics of baseball bats. An important distinction for my webpages is that the articles provided below are not opinions, but are based on a thorough reading of the available published research literature as well as results from my own experimental research. A full listing of references is attached to each article so interested readers can look up the facts for themselves. Also included on this site are summaries of my research into the vibrational behavior of bats. I wanted to share with the general public some of the fascinating things my students and I have found.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Red Shirt Freshman

Name: Max

They're broadcasting the HR Derby for last year in Pitt and some physics geek came on there and gave the distance to get it into the Alleghany river in RF and it was something like 443.3 feet. What got me is that the guy said that it would only take a bat speed of 75-80 mph to get it out there. He said that optimal height was 35 degree angle and that a 10 mph head wind or tail wind would affect the ball +/- 35 feet. Interesting.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leading Off

Is that how Old Man Hauser is able to launch 265 foot bombs over that high fence in Patterson?
I hate you with a deep and total hatred that surpasses all hate that has ever been or ever will be.
STINGOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
SFZ Legend

Name: sparky
Default when

practice...BP??? never see him do it when it counts...hauser is a myth...

"it's all about ME!!!"
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

MAX,you post some real good sh***t, always great info
vikingpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Originally Posted by roland365
its more simple than that.....

here it is:...........white ball ,green grass.. find the grass!:metal
why the softball only famous in US not in other country?
binngung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Schmoozin Admin

Name: Matt
Default 2008 Easton Synergy Brett Helmer ASA SCN11BH

CNT Carbon Nanotube technology and Patented IMX - Integrated MatriX technology strengthens composite structures, optimizing designs and materials for maximum performance, patented Extended Flex design lengthens the sweet spot by increasing the barrel flex towards the contour and end of the bat to provide maximum performance along the entire length of the barrel, 12" barrel design with endload for increased power, ultra-thin 29/32" handle with Pro-Tack cushioned grip, does comply with all major softball association Bat Performance Standards in effect as of January 1, 2007 - ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISA, SSUSA and ISF, exclusive 400 Day warranty!