Easton Reviews Review manufacturer products here. Post new threads or use the existing POLL threads to rate products 1-10.

2003 Easton Synergy

This is a discussion on 2003 Easton Synergy within the Easton Reviews forums, part of the Easton category!
Who is coming this weekend for this? I know several NE teams will be playing the Firecracker, just wondering who ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

View Poll Results: 2003 Easton Synergy
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 1 16.67%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 1 16.67%
9 0 0%
10 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
ABATom

Default July 22 - Long Island - USSSA C/D NIT

Who is coming this weekend for this? I know several NE teams will be playing the Firecracker, just wondering who is coming here for the NIT?

Bracket Link

Old 07-17-2006, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Max Johnson

We'll be in it with Universe. I don't like the format though. The highest finishing D team gets a birth. Well what happens if my first game is against a C team favored to win it and another D team's first game is against an E team just playing up to get double points. Too much of a potential discrepency.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Milo33

Max I hear you but what C teams will be there? Now that rapid Fire and novell are one that eliminates all the C teams from the island. I don't see any Ct teams coming with the Firecracker so my guess is you will have 6-8 D teams and a couple of E teams.

What sucks is without 2 C teams there are no double points for you.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Well then my concerns will be foundless. I was whining more about the theory then what I've seen as actual brackets. Novell and Rapid Fire were both C Teams? Then how is Rapid Fire playing D? Or did Rapid Fire grab a few C guys from Novell?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
ABATom

I was told Team Easton - New York was coming, so thats the 1 "C" team needed to get the double points, there is rumored to be a team from Massachusetts coming, which Shawn Bates from the NY Islanders is on, not sure if they are "C" or not.

There are only 2 "E" teams I know of willing to play in this, mine and JD's team (Abble Awning), but they seem to have given up on the USSSA worlds and are focused more on ISA since they were given a berth that was passed down, so I am not certain if they are playing
Old 07-17-2006, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
ABATom

Milo,
I am pretty sure only 1 "C" team is needed for the double points to be granted to "D" teams.

If it was me, i would probably scrap the "C" portion of the tourney at this point. There is only one local "C" team (Easton) and they have already won an NIT and a berth, yes the double points help the "D" teams, but isn't the berth itself the most important thing?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jimmy34

In USSSA I believe that you can have 3 "C" players on a "D" team...the only problem I see is that for some reason you don't have to have a roster on line to play any USSSA tourneys...I don't feel you should be allowed to play ANY USSSA tourney without a roster completed and entered in the USSSA website BEFORE playing even 1 game...too much BS with guys switching teams and also teams using other teams players...

Only problem is I will never call anyone out so it sucks...wish someone else would cry 'cause I just can't do it...most of the guys I see doing it are good guys just looking to play a little more than they do with their regular team...

I've seen it happen 2-3 times already...

And that Designer Supplements SANDBAG team should be playing "C"...:fingerscrossed

And ABBLE AWNING/BOOMBAH will be there...no midnight tourney for us...

JIMMY34
Old 07-17-2006, 10:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
ABATom

Rapid Fire was reg'd "D" and Novell was "C", however, the polciy of the NYD State director is teams are allowed to "self-classify" unless they are a mandatory move up based on their finish at worlds, so since Novell didn't warrant a mandatory move to "C" their players are not forced to play "C" and therefore they can drop down to "D" anytime in any quantity.

Basically the entire roster is guys who played "C" the last few years with Team Dawg, Creative, Giant Steel and Novell, along with some old TD guys. As a matter of fact if you check the NE Player classification list, several of them are listed there as "C" players, but NYD does not use that list, so they are permitted to play as they wish.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Milo33

Tom that response must be grained into your memory by now. You may be right on the 1 team needed but I remember being deducted points one year in a tourney similar to this.

Without hijacking the thread good job this weekend as you guys took us to the limit and you made textbook use of the "Money ball".
Old 07-17-2006, 10:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Don't forget their B guy from ChecKing.

Basically if Team Easton is the only C team there they get a C berth just for showing up. Nice.

I don't like when teams name themselves after the equip company as if they were a factory sponsored team like the old Ritch's Superior TPS team. Unless Easton is cutting them a five figure check, they're just getting a buy-in same as the rest of us can get. Let's be creative with the names, fellas. Great American was a better name than Team Easton. Go bold!