Combat Reviews Review manufacturer products here. Post new threads or use the existing POLL threads to rate products 1-10.

Combat Derby Bat Review

This is a discussion on Combat Derby Bat Review within the Combat Reviews forums, part of the ComBat category!
Let me just say that I couldn't be happier with my purchase of the 2014 Combat Derby Boys USSSA Slowpitch ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DocB04

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Nicholas
Default Combat Derby Bat Review

Let me just say that I couldn't be happier with my purchase of the 2014 Combat Derby Boys USSSA Slowpitch bat. First at bat I was anxious to swing this bat so I swung at the first pitch I saw and ended up hitting it off of the end of the bat the resulted in a blooping single between 2 outfielders. After I settled in, I came up to hit for my second at bat I got a great pitch and drove it over the center field fence on the second swing with this bat. I love this bat, once you connect with the ball in the sweet spot, the ball is absolutely going to takeoff. It's true what they say, this bat is definitely hot out of the wrapper!

Nickster849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Jesse

Another believer!
LSX Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

14% better then any other bat.

Where and who started that?
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

2 words...over rated

Nice base hitting bat with great ss for a 12 incher, but not top of the list on bomb dropping quality. Dirty 120 & wanted are way nastier imho.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Clint

Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
2 words...over rated

Nice base hitting bat with great ss for a 12 incher, but not top of the list on bomb dropping quality. Dirty 120 & wanted are way nastier imho.
I haven't used either of those two bats but I did demo the newest Combat Portent and Derby Boys (utrip) and they are amazing. I couldn't believe how fast the ball was flying off of those bats.

I also had the chance to demo the new EL Z2000 and I think it is just a bit above the Combat models.

All 3 bats worked great for me and I will most likely be purchasing one Combat and the new Z2k to add to my selection. I was simply blown away.
Nickster849 likes this.
DocB04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Jesse

Originally Posted by hb2 View Post
14% better then any other bat.

Where and who started that?
Not a clue. Wondered that myself. Those are some bold words.
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
2 words...over rated

Not having hit the Dirty I can't speak on it, but I was a way bigger fan of my Derby Boys than I was the Wanted.
LSX Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Originally Posted by LSX Freak View Post
Not a clue. Wondered that myself. Those are some bold words.

Not having hit the Dirty I can't speak on it, but I was a way bigger fan of my Derby Boys than I was the Wanted.
The wanted just had more ass behind it at 28oz & was a stiffer handled bat. Derby was light & had a good bit of handle twist on full power shots (made the ball curve like a mofo). Now the 30oz dirty was gtg….to be fair I was swinging a pair of 30oz FL plagues along side the derby so it really wasn’t fair
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Name: robert

I'll have some of these Derby Boys, Plague 2, Avarice 2 and possibly Portent NIW for sale if anyone is interested you can PM me...
bombs15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combat derby, softball, softball bat, softball bats