Combat Reviews Review manufacturer products here. Post new threads or use the existing POLL threads to rate products 1-10.

2007 Combat Lady Virus

This is a discussion on 2007 Combat Lady Virus within the Combat Reviews forums, part of the ComBat category!
www.plasmadepot.com/...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

View Poll Results: 2007 Combat Lady Virus Rating
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2006, 10:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
KennyH123

Default Good site to buy Plasma or other HD TVs...

www.plasmadepot.com/

Old 02-08-2006, 11:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
chezz87

Not bad Hauser. I've been looking into the Panasonic TH-42PX50U Plasma and everybody has it for $2999 but this place has it for $2499.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
KennyH123

I bought my plasma from a similar site. You have to get over the initial fear of buying one of these from an internet site.

I saved $7000 on my plasma TV. I am not kidding.

However, I think this particular site has a $350 shipping fee. So maybe its a wash in this instance. Well, thats for 60" and larger. Just $185 for 42" screens.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Max Johnson

Are Plasma's coming down enough that you're not still paying extra for "first kid on the block with the new tech"?
Old 02-09-2006, 02:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Halter91

Is it true these TV's only last a few years? I'd love to buy a new larger TV, but I'm not sure if it will be worth it?:wtf
Old 02-09-2006, 03:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
KennyH123

Plasmas are good for 7-10 years, at least. Incomparable picture quality. Nothing better.

Prices have really come down a lot. I would jump on one. But I would never think of buying one in a store. You pay much more.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Down and Hard

I am looking into getting a 46" 0r 50" Samsung DLP from buy.com. Price appears to be the best that I have seen around with free shipping!!! I am just waiting for my 2.5 year old to stop licking and spraying juice on the T.V. before I upgrade to one of these.

Heard that the plasmas may experience something called 'burn' if you watch the same programs all the time. Like the ticker from ESPN as an example gets burned into the screen and is visible while watching other channels. Has something to do with the extreme heat of the lights used to illuminate the picture from what I have read.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
KennyH123

I did my research on that and asked a lot of people. Yes that can happen but the amount of hours needed to have the same thing on your screen for that to happen eventually is ridiculous. You'd never hit it unless you froze the picture and walked away and came back in a month, or something.

However...thats one of the big reasons you wouldn't hook up your Nintendo or playstation to a plasma. That kind of thing can really do it.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
KennyH123

Did you check the price of the Samsung DLP on this site link I posted? You might find it comparable or better. Let me know.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Down and Hard

Are you sure it has to be continuously on for one single time to do this or is it cumulative over a large amount of time? Not that I play a lot of games but I heard it happens to people who play video games that have gauges and other things permanently on the screen for long periods.

I need to do more research, I'm still considering the plasmas in that size as well, just not sure yet.