Softball Training Forum Discuss softball strength training, nutrition, supplements and practice techniques.

Good All Body Workout

This is a discussion on Good All Body Workout within the Softball Training Forum forums, part of the Softball Forums category!
Originally Posted by hb2 Good combos there... I do... Back/bi's Chest/shoulders Legs /tri's Rest Repeat Cadio/abs everyday. I still have ...

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Originally Posted by hb2 View Post
Good combos there...

I do...

Back/bi's
Chest/shoulders
Legs /tri's
Rest
Repeat

Cadio/abs everyday. I still have a belly though. I don't diet.
Chest/shoulders = bad....you use your shoulders when you do chest as a secondary type of deal which will over work them & lead to an injury. Front delt & rotator

You want to seperate back & leg days also chest & shoulder days to prevent injury & also to max results.

Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
hb2
Mod'ing aint Easy

Name: Jay

Potato potatoe
hb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #23 (permalink)

Name: Sarah

I'd focus on building your strength back up first using body weight exercises. Pushups and pull-ups of all kinds to to get all of you shoulder, back, bicep, and tricep muscles. If you really plan on going into the gym I would use the squat machine and then slowly work into getting your arm muscles up using weights while still doing pushups and pull up regularly. If some of the machines seem too confusing and you aren't sure what you're doing, I'd either ask a worker or just stick to free weights so you don't risk injury. It'll take some time, but you'll get into the swing of things.
smitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:38 PM   #24 (permalink)

Name: Kris

Finally started working out a couple months ago, I'm weak as fuck... Its a miracle I can hit a softball as hard as I'm able to.

My out of shape high school self could kick my present selfs fucking ass.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: CB

Try a 5x5 workout to get your strength up to par. Working out is all diet and consistency mainly. Once you get your strength up then switch to what workout split you want. I'd separate back/legs & shoulders/chest as far as possible though so you don't jack up your lower back/rotators.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: Me

Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Diet is simple.

Eat your body weight in grams of protein a day, atleast half your body weight in oz's of water, eat small meals/snacks every 3 hrs if possible, limit sugar/fat/all the other bs, take in good carbs like wheat/oatmeal/etc. Don't eat carbs late unless you go to the gym late.

Carbs example: 3500cal diet divide that by 2 which = 1750/ then divide 1750 by 4 (4cal per gram in carb) which gives you 437.5grams of carbs a day. If ripping down obviously cut down on the carbs even more, but is a good starting point.

Take a multivitamin also add a good probiotic (food is so depleted these days it help keep you balanced & not bloated).

Done...also know your body type & use common sense. If your a hard gainer eat more, if you put on muscle/fat quick eat less, etc etc
Good stuff here. The real secret to a healthy diet is that there is no secret.

" Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"
-Mahatma Ghandi
oppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:24 AM   #27 (permalink)

Name: Kris

For the most part i've been doing chest/arms, legs/ab's, and shoulders/back usually shoot for 12-15 reps and 3-4 sets, not trying to overload the weights, rather get in more reps than more weight.

Diet wise I'm not eating exactly how I should but I have cut back on the amount of food I'm eating and trying to stay somewhat health conscious when it comes to meals. Also taking a daily dose of multivitamins and other fun stuff along with whey protein shakes after work outs. Ended up losing 10 pounds in the last month so I must be doing something right.

Now that I'm in the swing of going to the gym almost daily I actually want to go, it feels good.

Maybe in time I'll post some before and after noods

Last edited by Resin Glazed Donut; 07-29-2014 at 02:29 AM.
Resin Glazed Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
Star Player

Name: jimmy

I just started back again and it's been over 10 yrs also...but last time I was a freak and on dbol/sust/tren and did ONE body part a week...arms, back,shoulders then legs and trained hard and fast...at 40 I was in the best shape ever...freak injury and I had to stop and never went back...

I did core and cardio at home and the other stuff at the gym...

One body part a week lets you train heavy/fast and gives your body parts a full week of recovery which is good if you do fast explosive sets meant to give you size/strength AND uses your fast twitch muscle fibers...you still need to swith it up once in a while to trick your muscles into something new...you reach plateaus and switching up really works, especially if you wanna cut a little and maybe get some definition before the summer comes by doing low weight, high rep and first thing in the am cardio...Diet helps a lot when done right but only with the right mix of carbs/protein etc and if you're trying to look good...you can cheat if you're trying to get faster and stronger if you cheat right...no reason to go on a crazy diet if you're not competing...

Of course my new diet of dbol/sust and peptides is gonna help to but I'm 50 now and need a quick start to get myself going again...
JIMMY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:03 AM   #29 (permalink)
On The Team

Name: Ken

Anybody doing 531 and what do you think of it?

34/30 Club

Repping gloves in NorCal
chrometip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

Name: Clint

Originally Posted by chrometip78 View Post
Anybody doing 531 and what do you think of it?
I haven't done 531 but since November I had been doing 8,6,4,2 after warmup sets. I'm sure if you just consider my set of 8 another warm up it would be very similar. I've gained 25lbs since November, raised my bench by 40lbs, deadlift by 80ish and squat by about 50. I'm 31 years old 6'3'' 225-230 now. I have cut cardio all but completely out of my routine so that I could gain the weight. I still have to run at least 2 days per week (i'm military) for command PT but that's about it for cardio.

Would like to add that I am not able to completely commit to workout programs due to travel and such. I'm sure I would do better if I didn't miss days do to my operational schedule.

Last edited by DocB04; 08-08-2014 at 09:23 PM.
DocB04 is offline   Reply With Quote